Head of Financial Control & Compliance– MEEE
The Head of Financial Control and Compliance provides financial leadership and expertise in financial accounting, compliance and controls to country finance teams, working closely with senior finance staff to ensure timely, quality completion of all accounting processes and control/compliance reviews and providing analysis and decision support to Country Finance Directors and Regional Senior Leadership Team.
In this role you will support the capacity building efforts of country office finance teams, provide oversight to country offices (CO) ensuring compliance with local laws, regulations, SCI/donor policies and procedures including quality and timely reporting, consolidating and monitoring actions around improvements, performing quality financial control reviews and providing gap filling for key finance positions in country offices as required.
You will proactively work with the Regional Finance Director on key issues, and help identify and implement solutions at the country office level.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have the following Qualifications and Experience:
* Accounting, commence or business administration degree from a leading university, and relevant professional qualifications (CPA/CA/CIMA/ACA/ACCA).
* Minimum of 7 years’ management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which 3 years’ at a senior leadership level within a finance department.
* Excellent understanding of financial systems, procedures, compliance and controls; donor requirements & audits; internal auditing; statutory audits; financial regulatory and tax requirements.
* Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment.
* Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
* Ability articulate complex information in an easy to understand manner.
* Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures.
* Cultural awareness and the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Commitment to travel up to 30% of the time to country offices within the region.
* Understanding of major donor compliance regulations (USAID, Dfid, ECHO, OFTA, etc). (Desirable)
* Written and verbal fluency in Arabic. (Desirable)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This position is offered for 12 months’ length. For national and international candidates.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Job Years of Experience: 5-10 years
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Ym5ha2hsZWguMjY2MjEuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbG…