Graphic Designer/Art Director
MAGENTA is pleased to announce that they are recruiting a Graphic Designer/Art Director to join its dynamic and fast-growing team in Amman, Jordan. This position is open for Jordanian nationals only.
MAGENTA is a Social & Behavioural Change (SBC) Research & Communications company, delivering SBC programming to tackle the world’s toughest development challenges. We are a multi-cultural team of development, research and behavioural change communications experts and work across the Middle East, Asia, North Africa and West Africa. We combine the latest in behavioural science principles with a rigorous approach to strategy, campaign design, creative development and implementation. We help our partners to be more efficient, achieve scale and sustainability, and positive, long-lasting social change. MAGENTA is building its in- house Creative team and is looking for a Graphic Designer/Art Director to lead on creative execution for the organisation. This is an exciting role with huge growth potential and the opportunity to create real social impact.
The Art Director /Graphic Designer will have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, visual storytelling capabilities and outstanding execution skills. The right candidate will be proactive, resourceful and result oriented.
This role, reporting to the Creative Director, will support Magenta’s design requirements across countries; so being a good communicator with an open-minded attitude will be an asset.
The duties for this role include but are not limited to:
- Converting briefs into designs that are aesthetic and engaging.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest standards, changes and trends in the visual design field.
- Handling multiple projects while managing timelines and expectations.
- Working collaboratively with other team members to ensure a consistent, integrated design language.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- Jordanian national with 3-5 years Advertising or Design Agency experience
- A degree or diploma in communication design, graphic design or any other form of visual art is desirable.
- Advanced user of the Adobe Creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Good written and verbal skills in Arabic and spoken English
- Ability to generate original ideas and visual concepts on a regular basis
- Relevant skills to provide and receive feedback on design and artworks
- Well organised, responsible and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design on schedule
- Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborate with others and successfully work as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated passion and interest for the country of application;
- Innovation driven
- Technological fluency;
- Willingness to live in developing/post-crisis settings;
- Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
- Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
- May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
Apply before September 5th 2019. Applicants should submit a two-page CV and letter of motivation letter to [email protected]. The letter of motivation should describe why the applicant wants to join the Magenta team, with a specific example of how their experience and skills can enhance Magenta’s work.