مطلوب تخصص علم نفس للعمل في منظمة دولية سويسريه
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Background Information Terre des hommes Jordan (Tdh) was established in 2007 in response to the Iraqi refugee crisis. Since then, the Migration programme has evolved into responding to various emergencies that have affected the country at dif-ferent periods in time, including the Syrian refugee crisis. In 2013, Tdh works in the Emirati Jordanian Camp (EJC) since 2019 responding to CP needs via a comprehensive package of intervention. Tdh is resuming its activities in EJC since the end of 2019 under an SDC-funded project of three months. Tdh is one of the few service providers in the camp, which is mostly underserved and disconnected from the general humanitarian response ongoing in the Country. The role Tdh has been implementing child protection services in EJC and completes now its intervention with SGBV re-sponse in the EJC with a focus on child marriage. Under the supervision of the CP & SGBV Team leader, the Psychologist will provide technical lead on Psychological and counselling activities to Tdh staff and volunteers to effectively implement SGBV and CP prevention and response activities.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
Implementing and monitoring:
• Establish an intervention plan and propose guidelines to organize support groups for children and their family members, according to project objectives and indicators: structure of the sessions, titles, goals, methodology, tool, etc.
• Receive family members requesting support, internally referred by team members and other agen-cies; Assess their psychosocial needs. Once needed and under recommendation from Team leader. • Set-up groups according to needs identified: groups of mothers, fathers, other family members and youth.
• Conduct support groups with children and children’s caretakers, particularly parents, and other family members (aiming at basic counseling, awareness raising, psychosocial support to allow debriefing, and to encourage mutual mechanism, etc.).
• Assist the MHPSS specialist in carrying out the volunteers’ care plan as needed, when relevant and under the supervision of the Team leader.
• Identify and refer parents or children in need of deeper psychosocial and protection help and refer them to the case-manager.
• Participate in case conferences and case plan development in coordination with the case management team and in alignment with the CM SOP.
• Collaborate closely with the project’s team and meet them on regular basis to discuss cases and activities.
• Keep documentary record and update of all group sessions: plans, monitoring, feed-back, running of the session, etc.
• Shares on a weekly & monthly basis an activity report and every time this is requested by his/her line manager.
• Support in conducting the positive parenting sessions (around 50 sessions).
• Collect and provide any qualitative and quantitative data requested by the Team Leader.
• Participate when requested in the project awareness and community activities and events.
• Participate in the development of the response offered to the targeted population, contribute in developing tools ad SOPs and training packages in coordination with the Technical Units and under the responsibility of the Project manager
• Attend, when requested, external training and coordination meeting with key interlocutors Monitoring and Reporting
• Regularly asks for feedback and the level of satisfaction from beneficiaries to adapt the support provided.
• Conduct, when relevant and under the supervision of the Team leader, Focus Group Discussions, and key informants’ interviews.
• Provide information as requested to support the production of monitoring reports, including reports to donors.
• Collaborate with the Q&A department and the project’s team in the post distribution monitoring exercise and support the draft of report to evaluate the satisfaction with the distribution, assistance process and to analyze the adequacy of the support.
• Where requested work with members of the Q & A team to support the development and implementation of appropriate monitoring and evaluation data.
• Collect and provide any other qualitative and quantitative data requested by the CMS and proceed with data entry daily.
• Ensures the mainstreaming of key child protection principles, such as child participation and best interest of the child, confidentiality.
• Support the monitoring of the adherence of the team to Tdh’s Child Safeguarding policy and PSEA.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY – SAFETY & SECURITY:
• Knows and implements institutional policies on security, child protection, PSEA and Code of Conduct and fraud prevention, in their day-to-day work.
• Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) in her/his area, including participation in annual audit, and reviews and updates of action plan.
• Commits to inform the Country Representative and/or the National Safeguarding Focal Point and/or the Head of MENA Region and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the CSP;
• Knows and implements all institutional policies and internal regulations of Terre des hommes with a particular focus on the Institutional Media and Communication policies.
- Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Jordan.
• Supports the leadership team to organize and facilitate, conferences, exchange of experience mission and field visits for external management staff and donor representatives.
• Any other duty as required by the line supervisor./he will have direct access to information, such as the general strategy of Tdh in Jordan, including programming
S/he will have direct access to information, such as the general strategy of Tdh in Jordan, including programming objectives in the field, financial details, and security guidelines. A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount. The incumbent will conduct her/his duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy. Terre des hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflects proper behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC) In particular:
1. Familiar with the context of refugee children in camp settings, children at risk of violence and especially SGBV.
2. Leading excellent communication skills with external parties.
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines.
4. Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals.
- Respect for others.
As well as the following specific “professional” competencies:
▪ Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals ▪ Communicates in a clear, concise, and responsible way ▪ Shares knowledge and masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based ▪ Collects the necessary information regarding professional
Requirements for the position
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, master’s degree is an asset or B.A in counseling.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as psychologist. or a social worker with
- experience in the field of psychology.
- Mandatory experience in projects addressing protection, CP and SGBV prevention and response.
- Experience in capacity building; training, facilitation, mentoring of staff and volunteers.
- Diplomacy and ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English language. Good Computer skills (Microsoft Office, email).
- Very strong planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated experience in as Psychosocial assessment tools.
- Knowledge in basic psychological symptoms that requires referral and advance intervention and with Group and individual
- Counselling skills with children and adults.
- Familiar in the Psychological first aid (PFA) and Experience in providing parenting group sessions in addition to understand the coaching methods.
IT Skills & Languages:
Native Arabic speaker: English proficiency is considered an asset .Good use for windows programs and Child Protection Information Management System.
How to apply
For interested candidates ,please send your updated resumes with a cover letter to the email below address Name of Applicant /Position.
Applicants are reviewed and screened before deadline ,so we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible.
Note: Any email with a title that does not have the required information will be disregarded