Habitat For Humanity Jordan (HFHJ) is recruiting a Social Worker based in Amman to be involved in the implementation of various projects for Refugees and vulnerable Affected Jordanian Populations in Jordan.
The recruited Social Worker will be in charge of selecting beneficiaries of the shelter project HFH is intending to implement in Jordan, coordinate community projects selection and implementation as well as assist in skill development and training of the beneficiaries. The Social Worker will also be contributing to organizing campaigns and events related to the Multi sector component.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Social Worker will:
· Conduct door to door and virtual visits to potential beneficiary households and participate in the selection of the beneficiary based on HFH criteria and assessment tools. Where applicable, recommend cases for assessment.
· Outreach activities in collaboration with other staff members in order to identify beneficiaries and to provide information on services available; participate in the general assessment for the shelter rehabilitation work
· Explain to the beneficiaries the project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project information.
· Carry out regular follow-up visits with selected project beneficiaries during and post-project implementation
· Respond to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Project Manager.
· Follow up with the beneficiaries’ accommodation status during shelter rehabilitation.
· Collect and manage project documentation including beneficiary registration IDs and shelter ownership documents. Collect information as directed by the Project Manager for project monitoring and evaluation purposes.
· In cases of rental agreements, assist the beneficiaries in the procedures and assist in explaining the contract and their rights. Follow up with the landlord and beneficiary to make sure that the contract conditions are respected.
· Assist the Project Engineer and Manager during the self-help procedures to keep the beneficiaries motivated and engaged. Report any problems or obstacles that the beneficiary faces.
· Assist in handing over completed rehabilitated shelters to beneficiaries.
· Facilitate the participation of all the segments of the target population to the planned activities, notably the most vulnerable ones (refugees, local community, youth, women, elderly, minority members, people with disabilities etc.), ensuring that proper attention is paid to specific emotional and physical needs.
· Support in the identification of the most vulnerable families in the area of the project intervention and conducting vulnerability assessment
· Participate in field level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation as directed by Project Manager and Manager.
· Liaise with local communities and government. Assist in identifying influential individuals and CBOs who can collaborate to the success of the project.
· Be in charge of organizing the community meetings (planning, focus groups…), and mobilizing the community regarding our shelter services, community projects, and skills development.
· Assist the Project Manager in procurement and logistics and all data gathering requirement.
· Assist in surveying any skills potentials amongst the community and beneficiaries.
· Assist the Project Manager during the work meetings
· Conduct peer-led focus groups discussions, informal skill training and awareness sessions with children, youth, men and women.
· Report daily the problems to the Project Manager and provide weekly reports
· Be available to participate in meetings and trainings in and outside the office
· Assist in any additional tasks assigned by the Project Manager and/or the Project Manager in line with the job profile
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
· A minimum of 2-3 years of progressive professional experience in the relevant field is required.
· Good computer skills, especially in Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Previous working experience in an international NGO
· Experience in conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and previous participation in beneficiary selection processes.
· Experience in Shelter (emergency and development) program
· Previous experience in community engagement and participatory approaches.
· Good knowledge in Protection issues
· Excellent Communication skills
· A Knowledge of Habitat Vision, Mission, Goals, Values and Mission Principles; Team Player and model of Servant Leadership.
· Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to work in an international environment.
· Well organized.
· Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and teamwork.
· Patience and the ability to remain calm in a crisis
· Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work flexible hours in the event of major emergencies
· Valid Driving License and ability to drive both automatic/manual cars (desirable)
Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and good command in English
University Degree in Social work or similar qualification
How to apply
All interested candidates should submit their CV in English to [email protected] no later than Dec. 24, 2020. Please make sure to write the job title in the subject line.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date.
HFH is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Applications that fail to abide by the Submission guidelines will not be considered