BEHAVIOR CHANGE EXPERT – JORDAN
We are looking for a Behavior Change Expert
Country: JORDAN – Azraq and Irbid
Length of contract: 4 months starting from the 15th June
The position: Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director Programs and with the technical support of the Programs Coordinators and operational support from the Field Coordinators, you will work with both teams at Azraq and Irbid bases to ensure the implementation of effective behavior change strategies.
In particular, you will be responsible for delivering a barrier analysis training, guiding the assessment process, updating and/or creating the current behavior change communication strategies and providing capacity building to the program team to ensure effective implementation of behavior change activities.
More precisely, the main responsibilities are:
- Deliver a Barrier Analysis training
- With the Azraq team, analyze the determinants that induce the adoption of certain behaviors and the barriers that prevent change, with focus on water conservation, vandalism and hygiene promotion in the context of intervention.
- With the Irbid team, analyse the determinants that induce the adoption of certain behaviours and the barriers that prevent change, with focus solid waste management in the context of intervention.
- Review the Behavior Change Communication strategies developed with both bases to ensure an effective dissemination of key messages to promote positive behavior changes among the target populations, with focus on water conservation, vandalism and hygiene promotion and solid waste management.
- Strengthen the capacity of the team in terms of behaviour change communication, to increase the effectiveness and sustainability of the WASH intervention
Context : Jordan mission is a dynamic mission rapidly growing with large scale WaSH and Livelihoods projects being implemented in host communities and refugees camp. Mental Health sector will be shortly implemented in the North (Irbid). Country strategy combines emergency and development projects to address needs of Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian in an holistic approach. With a team of 11 international employees and more than 100 national colleagues, Action Against Hunger Jordan office manages a portfolio of projects for more than 9 millions €, in response to the Syria crisis in Northern and Eastern Jordan. The donors range vary from institutional funds (UNICEF / MADAD) to bilateral agreements (AFD / GIZ / / SDC / Taiwan). To support the 2 operational base, the coordination office is based in Amman.
Azraq base, with approximately 50 national employees, covers activities in Azraq Camp where Action Against Hunger is the major WaSH actor to address the needs of 35,000 individuals, and in host communities, in Azraq town with a Solid Waste Management project implemented in collaboration with the Municipality.
Irbid is the fastest growing base of Jordan mission with currently close to 40 staff and the largest number of projects and grants. WaSH, FSL and soon MHCP projects are implemented in host communities in Irbid governorate.
Jordan is considered as a stable country where security conditions enable a safe implementation of the projects.
The applicant: You hold a University Degree in WASH, Public Health, Sociology, Communication, Psychology and/or Education. You have a solid experience of 5 years minimum in behaviour change and barrier analysis. A previous experience in designing and conducting Behaviour Change assessments is mandatory. You also demonstrate an expertise in conducting hygiene related formative surveys.
You are recognized by your high level of communication skills.
English fluency is compulsory. Arabic would be an asset.
Status: Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per yearTo apply click here