مطلوب استشاري (ه) للعمل لدى منظمة دولية
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Senior Counselor will be responsible for providing direct supervision to two counselors, supporting staff self-care through training and self-development activities, and contributing to the development of a psychosocial curriculum as required. In addition, the Senior Counselor will maintain a small caseload of direct clients.
1. Provide counseling to a small caseload of beneficiaries **
· Provide quality assessment, counseling, referral and follow-up services to clients, using a trauma informed approach;
· Work with beneficiaries to develop a treatment plan in line with their own choices, available options, and existing situation.
· Provide basic support and guidance to family members to help them provide on-going support to the clients at home, according to the situation.
· Facilitate the referral of vulnerable individuals to various organizations for specialized care, including specialized psychological services as required.
· Coordinate with: ICMC country-based staff, ICMC partners, external parties as requested.**
2. Provide monthly supervision to two ICMC Counselors **
- Provide individual supervision to ICMC’s two counselors to support their professional development
- Reviewing and provide feedback on treatment plans and progress notes to ensure clinical services are appropriate with the client’s level of care needs
- Support and Monitor the counselors to manage complex cases, through the provision of one-on one feedback and technical advice
- Provide relevant resources and theoretical materials to support the counselor’s growth, particularly focused on providing trauma-informed psychological support
- Coordinate with ICMC country-based staff as required
3. Promote a culture of self-care through the provision of group trainings and self-development activities **
- Develop and implement a training plan for ICMC staff;
- Support psychosocial wellbeing of staff with group level debriefing on an ad hoc basis;
4. Participate in the Development of Psychosocial Curriculum **
- Support ICMC’s development of psychosocial materials by reviewing curricula for women, men, boys and girls;
- Provide technical advice on areas on ICMC’s psychosocial programming, as requested by the protection field manager and program manager.
5. Demonstrate ethical and professional practice:
· Respect the principle of confidentiality at all times;
· Respect and promote ICMC’s Polices and code of conduct;
· Address needs and requests in a professional way;
· Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
6. Complete Administration and Communication tasks in a quality and timely manner
- Provide regular written reports to the protection field manager outlining progress, while maintaining respect for confidentiality;
- Provide inputs into other center activity reports as requested/required.
Required Qualifications and competencies:
- University degree in psychology or related field;
- Minimum five (5) years professional experience working as a Counselor/Psychologist;
- Proven experience in providing technical supervision/ acting as a mentor to others;
- Proven ability to build the capacity of others through training and one-on-one support;
- Experience in working with refugees, using a trauma-informed approach;
- Excellent ability to assess and intervene with appropriate and effective intervention.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- High level group counseling and facilitation skills essential
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills and ability to work in both languages as required.
- Excellent command of MS Office and other computer programs, including good typing skills.
- Excellent team working skill, diplomacy, and ability to work in a multicultural environment -and under pressure.
- Critical thinking skills, flexibility, and commitment to serving vulnerable people.
How to apply
nterested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to: [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31st Oct 2021.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for applicants and employees. ICMC strives to ensure equal employment opportunities and equal access to employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age. Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.