Location: Based in Amman, Jordan
Reporting Manager: Operations Manager
Magenta is pleased to announce that we are advertising for a Finance Administrator.
Magenta is a Social and Behavioural Change research and communications agency, established by a multi-cultural team of development, research and behavioural change communications experts. We aim to make a positive impact to the way governments, institutional donors and development agencies achieve their policy and programme objectives. We combine the latest in behavioural science principles with a rigorous approach to strategy, campaign design and implementation. We help our partners to be more efficient, achieve scale and sustainability, and positive, long-lasting social change.
The primary responsibilities of the Finance Administrator are providing finance and administrative support to the Magenta team across markets.
The Finance Administrator will work under the guidance of the Operations Manager and directly support the Program Team where required. We are looking for an exceptional individual who is dynamic, organised and eager to continuously find ways to make things more efficient and productive and enjoyable for the Magenta team. This role has huge growth potential, in what is a fast-growing organisation.
The Finance Administrator will provide finance and administrative support to the Magenta team across markets. Typical tasks include:
- Prepare, record and enter all Magenta’s transactions (Account Receivables / Payables) into QuickBooks.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Accounting Principles, auditing requirement and Magenta policies and procedures.
- Reconciliation of accounts (Account Payable/ Receivable, vendors, bank, staff expenses,etc.) and preparation of reconciliation reports.
- Prepare payroll and calculation, deduction, and reconciliation of Income tax and social security.
- Support preparation of payments and monitoring cash in hand.
- Participating in the month end closing.
- Support preparation of Business Strategy reports.
- Provide assistance with all project finance-related issues, as required.
- Support in internal audits, compliance and financial review.
- Support with dealing with the auditors to ensure a proper annual closure.
- Process and follow –up on all administrative requirements of staff, tickets, visas, accommodation, work permits, annual residencies and health insurance.
- Research and book flights, ground transportation and accommodation, providing staff members with travel guidance and oversee Magenta’s vehicle fleet.
- Maintain all office inventory, supplies and services, including payments for utilities and telecom.
- Assist in the implementation of Magenta policies and procedures.
- Maintain company data base i.e. vendors, suppliers and clients.
- Maintain staff, consultants and vendor records.
- Maintain filing system of all office, financial, administration and legal data.
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor such as but not limited to updating the server, filing, drafting memos.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- 1-3 years professional experience ideally in finance and administrative role;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- A strong desire to create an efficient and enjoyable working environment for others;
- Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly numerate, with strong commercial acumen;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
- Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
- Demonstrated passion and interest for the country of application;
- Innovation driven;
- Technological fluency;
- English and relevant local language preferred (French or Arabic)
- Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
- Software familiarity: Office 365, QuickBooks, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by sending application package to email@example.com the 25thof March 2019. Applicants should submit a two-page CVand cover letter. The cover letter should describe why the applicant wants to join the Magenta team and describe what makes her / him a strong asset.