RedR is looking to appoint an Administrator, based in Amman, Jordan.This role includes Facilities Management, Office and Finance Administration. You will work with the Programme Team, Finance/Support and colleagues in other departments. This is a part-time (50%) fixed-term position for 3 months. The salary is 10,900 JOD per annum.
Every year, hundreds of millions of people around the world are affected by natural disasters and conflict. RedR is an international disaster relief charity which saves lives by giving aid workers the vital skills they need to do their jobs to the highest possible standard. We train thousands of people each year in everything from providing emergency shelter to staying safe in the field, from project management after emergencies to essential water and sanitation skills and more. We also maintain a network of experienced professional aid workers; our more than 1800 Members to support emergency response and longer-term humanitarian programmes worldwide.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Facilities Management and Office Administration (25%)
- Undertake general office administration as agreed with your Line Manager.
- Ensure all office and training facilities are maintained to a good quality standard to help ensure trainees have a working environment conducive to their needs.
- Ensure all necessary office supplies are ordered and available
- Maintain a log on office assets and ensure maintenance for office equipment (Scanner, water cooler, diesel tank, etc.)
- Oversee work of the cleaning lady and office guard
- Administer post and courier opening and collection
- Administer the archiving of documents
- Support other team’s work, if required from time to time
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably requested by your Line Manager
Finance administration (25%)
- Process course payment, invoices and expenses in line with established financial processes under the direction of the Programme Coordinator.
- Follow up on outstanding payments and invoices for income and expenditure.
- Ensure that all financial documentation is accurately completed and up to date.
- Administers cash payments (including payment of office utilities, phone, internet bills)
- Procure coffee and other consumables for the office
- Administer relations with local suppliers.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office packages Systematic and efficient, including an ability and willingness to prioritise, manage and complete a variety of tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to liaise confidently with different stakeholders
- Numerate with the ability to manage and monitor budgets, evaluate quotes and check invoices
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on a variety of tasks, to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Using initiative and being proactive, with a problem-solving approach to challenges
- Flexible and adaptable approach as part of small organisation
- A commitment to humanitarian principles, and the mission and values of RedR
- Language – fluency in Arabic and English languages required.
- Project Management experience
- Experience of facilities or premises management to include telecoms, equipment, liaising with contractors, leases.
- An interest in Learning and Development
- Ability to work flexible hours – occasionally in the evenings.
- Knowledge of humanitarian sector would be a beneficial
- Understanding of good practice in health and safety in an office environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce
All applicants must have the right to work in Jordan.
Applications will be reviewed daily and RedR reserves the right to close the vacancy early when we are in receipt of a sufficient number of applications.
Email a CV and covering letter demonstrating your reasons for applying and suitability for the role to [email protected]. Please note that we may contact suitable applicants before the closing date.