Finance and Administration Specialist (Amman, Jordan) USAID
Finance and Administration Specialist (Amman, Jordan)
Project S ummary:
This project will support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and Food for Peace (FFP) programs. OFDA and FFP implement programs and have management offices or warehouses around the MENA region.
This project will focus on establishing and undertaking independent third-party monitoring to increase OFDA, FFP, and partners’ understanding of the outputs, progresses, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected projects. It will support OFDA, FFP and their partners in effectively tracking assistance efforts, and to ensure aid is achieving its goals, the project will also solicit beneficiary feedback, improve the quality of partners’ data and monitor warehousing practices.
The Finance and Administrative Specialist is responsible for managing overall accounting and financial control systems and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards, MSI’s Financial Systems and Procedures. The Finance and Administrative Specialist will supervise the Accountant and manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation. In addition, the Finance and Administrative Specialist will supervise the Human Resources/Administrative Officer to ensure all human resources tasks are in compliance with MSI’s Systems and Procedures.
- Manage office functions, financial reporting, bookkeeping, projections, payroll and petty cash.
- Maintain and update accounting and financial systems in accordance with U.S government regulations (expense are reasonable, allowable and allocable), Tetra Tech/MSI policies and donor regulations, under the overall supervision of the Chief of Party.
- Manage the preparation and submission of monthly expenditure reports, ensuing that they are accurate, complete and submitted to MSI HQ and in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly cash flow and projections for fund request. Ensure the monthly fund requests are accurate, complete and submitted to MSI HQ in timely manner.
- Directly supervise, provide leadership, mentoring and training to Accountant and the Administrative Assistant.
- Supervise payroll processing for local staff and ensure that staff is paid accurately and in timely manner.
- Compliance to the local laws i.e. Income Tax Rules and any other applicable rule.
- Compliance to the donor regulations in processing financial transaction.
- Ensure that vendors are paid timely and accurately.
- Work in close collaboration with the Team Lead other senior MSI/project staff project budget and expense planning.
- Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in a computerized accounting system and ensure MSI accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented.
- Determine the number of bank accounts necessary for smooth conduct of transactions. Set up the bank accounts and ensure that all back and cash transactions are conducted in accordance with the set procedures.
- Develop a plan to monitor all project-related expenses and ensure monthly tracking of expenses.
- Design and manage robust internal financial controls.
- Handle any audit queries.
- Ensure all financial reconciliations are done on a monthly basis. This includes but not limited to account receivables, account payables, bank reconciliations, cash reconciliations, etc.
- Ensure regular data backup, archiving of the accounting record by weekly scanning and uploading on Egnyte and monthly dispatch of original records to MSI-HQ.
- Other accounting, financial management tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position.
- Responsibilities and Deliverables – Administration.
- Supervise the Accountant to ensure all personnel files are accurate and up to date.
- Coordinate with Home Office project management staff for all personnel related issues, to include hiring, promotion, salary changes, and terminations.
- Provide non-supervisory administrative support to the Deputy Chief of Party. [CC1]
- Ensure administrative tasks for all support personnel are completed in accordance with guidance from SHMP project management.
- Primary Point of Contact (POC) for project management for all administration related tasks in the absence of the Deputy Chief of Party.
- CPA or a Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- The Finance and Administrative Specialist should have ten years of progressive, responsible experience executing administration and financial management responsibilities of development projects; managing personnel-related issues, including hiring, promotion, salary changes, and terminations.
- A bachelor’s degree in international development, accounting, or other relevant field;
- Demonstrable knowledge of U.S. government contract management and financial systems;
- Demonstrated experience overseeing logistics in development contexts.
- Previous experiencing working on programs implemented in conflict zones.
- Four years’ experience working on USAID funded projects is a must.
- The ability to travel, if required, to Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq.
- Proficiency and experience using MS Excel and QuickBooks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors.
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic is a must.