Marketing and Communications Specialist
MEDA invites applications for the post of Marketing and Communications Specialist for the Jordan Valley Linksproject in Amman, Jordan. MEDA is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization registered in Canada and the United States. It was founded in 1953 by a small group of business people who saw the need to invest with, and provide support to entrepreneurs and communities to help them take advantage of economic opportunities. MEDA’s work is founded on respectful interaction with communities, supporting women and youth to rise above the social and cultural barriers that stand in the way of success and improved livelihoods. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist position focuses on, through marketing and communications efforts, supporting the implementation of MEDA’s JVL Project’s higher goals of establishing small, women and youth-centered businesses in the food processing, clean technologies and tourism sectors, as well as project goals surrounding the enabling of financial inclusion. As such, the position requires the successful candidate to work closely with technical experts, MEDA management, and local implementing partners in order to enhance, implement and regularly evaluate strategic marketing and communications plans/strategies which support the project’s vision for entrepreneurial growth and women’s empowerment in the Jordan Valley.
The Specialist will also be responsible for the implementation of the project’s communications strategy, collect multimedia content and develop client stories that demonstrate the impact of the JVL project to Jordanian and Canadian audiences. Client stories and other content for the project’s communications purposes will be developed in close collaboration with the M&E team. This position will involve domestic travel to the Jordan Valley and surrounding areas.
- Lead the development and implementation of the project’s communications and marketing strategy;
- Lead efficient utilization of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website, blogs), SMS ‘text-messaging’, graphic/multi-media software (Adobe Suite) and other technology-based communications solutions;
- In collaboration with the M&E team, Gender Equality and Youth Specialist, and Value Chain Specialists, develop communications content for project, i.e. client stories, newsletters, blogs and articles;
- Collaborate with MEDA’s M&E team to monitor and genuinely contribute to realizing results-based project targets;
- Nurture, negotiate and maintain close working relationships with technical staff and implementing partners, often acting in the role of convener and/or coordinator;
- Contribute to project annual work plans, progress reports and other M&E, reporting and communications activities, in collaboration with project staff.
- Support, plan and execute events and campaigns that promote the successes of women and youth entrepreneurs;
- Assist with evaluating the most effective approaches to reach women and youth and continue building communications and marketing linkages that will strengthen their access to a full range of information on an ongoing basis; and
- Collection of multimedia content (photos, videos and stories) that demonstrate project impact.
The position is collaborative in nature, working closely with the project’s Technical team, which includes the project’s value chain specialists, M&E, and Gender and Youth Specialists, key facilitating partners, and other stakeholders to ensure reaching the project’s overall goal. The Specialist is expected to work closely with MEDA’s HQ Communications team to ensure consistency of efforts across all MEDA projects.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (preferably master’s degree) in a relevant field such as marketing, communications, community development, commerce, ICT, anthropology or international development.
Knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the design, execution, monitoring and evaluation of marketing or C4D programmes (required) – with relevant marketing portfolio samples upon request;
- Previous experience working with an international non-governmental organization (INGO) (highly desired);
- Solid experience in the design and implementation of either commercial market research agendas, small to medium anthropological research studies, or other social science research applications. Likewise, experience in the design and implementation of FGDs, interviewing, PRA, or other participatory methodologies (desired);
- Previous experience in print, video, television or radio production (desired)
- Comfortable utilizing information technology and various social media platforms, as well as managing web-CMS, SMS campaigns and technology-based communications solutions (highly desired);
- Experience working in the field of SME and business development (desired);
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Applicants must be Jordanian Nationals.
To apply for this position, please send your resume (in English), cover letter and several samples of previous marketing and/or communication strategies by e-mail to [email protected] with “Marketing and Communications Specialist” on the subject line.