The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC Jordan is looking for a qualified individual to fill the role of Information Management Specialist – RYSE Consortium The candidate will be responsible for data management and quality control/assurance, data reporting, tool development, IM System support, accountability tracking and response, and coordination with the partners for the Resilient Youth, Socially and Economically Empowered (RYSE) Consortium.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Chief of Part – RYSE Consortium. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Data Management and Quality Control/Assurance
· Maintain and manage the database of RYSE consortium beneficiaries
· Ensure data collected is clean, well-organized, easily readable, and usable
· Ensure information regarding beneficiaries is consolidated in one place (the IM database) and is up-to-date
· Automate data tracking processes of (1) identifying missing data, (2) identifying dropouts from the sample (i.e. attrition), and (3) reviewing and correcting data for errors, preferably using statistical software programs like STATA
· Conduct random field spot checks on how data is being collected and entered
· Collate all registration and surveys from the partner organizations
· In line with DRC’s IM SoPs, keep all data protected and confidential
· Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and as needed MEAL reports for the RYSE Consortium
· Develop visualizations of the data including dashboard using programs like Microsoft PowerBI and Excel
· Develop regular reports of data missing and/or erroneous data
· Contribute to survey tool development and digitization in XLSform or other standard formats such as Open-Data Kit (ODK)
· Translate or support in translation of surveys
· Modify surveys as needed
IM System Management
· Work closely with the IM Company and partners to define the IM System requirements and manual templates
· Lead and verify results of all the IM System testing activities with the IM Company
· Review and report any issues with the IM system to the IM company on a regular basis
· Perform backup operations to correct issues if needed
Accountability Tracking and Response
· Help set up an accountability and reporting workflow (Feedback and Response Mechanism) to balance and respond to the needs of all project stakeholders including beneficiaries, program staff, partners, community members, and donors
· Create regular (weekly) reports showing partner organizations’ response to reports from stakeholders and collate into a consortium report
· Address any issues that emerge from weekly reports of accountability
Coordination with RYSE Partners
· Coordinate with field and MEAL staff from the five RYSE organizational partners on data management, data reporting, tool development, accountability, and IM system issues
· Support MEAL Specialist in MEAL-related information management**
· Bachelor’s (or above) degree in Data Science, Computer Programming, Information Technology, Statistics, Economics, or related field
· Information Management or data analysis certification preferred
Required / Desirable
· 4-6 years of work experience working in data management, data science (IT), or MEAL roles
· Direct experience and/or broad knowledge of humanitarian assistance programming;
· Experience with developing or overseeing information management systems
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
· Knowledge of at least one case or information management platform, like KoboToolbox or CommCare;
· Basic data analysis, preferably using statistical analysis software like STATA or SPSS
· Fluency English ,Proficiency in Arabic preferred
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Designation of Duty Station: Amman
Start date: ASAP
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 4 August 2020
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.