Teacher professional development specialist
Chemonics seeks a teacher professional development specialist for the anticipated $10 to $24.99 million USAID Pre-Service Education Training in Jordan (PRESTIJ) project. PRESTIJ will equip Jordanian universities to train all potential future teachers to enter classrooms with content knowledge, a range of pedagogical skills, and the capacity to reflect productively on their practices. The project will do so by ensuring that participating universities successfully implement pre-service modules and that male and female students subscribe to them; by supporting improvements in Jordanian government systems, policies, and practices related to pre-service teacher education; and by assisting selected universities with positioning themselves to deliver diverse models of high-quality pre-service teacher education. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage and oversee the assessment, design, development, and implementation of pre-service teacher education programs at selected universities in Jordan
- Provide thought partnership and oversee capacity building support to university faculty to ensure the effective implementation of PRESTIJ interventions
- Lead analysis of the factors that affect teacher preparation and professional development to produce highly effective programs that measure their success in terms of impact on student learning outcomes
- Identify issues related to professional learning and curriculum implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments
- Ensure that the pre-service teacher education programs are of a professional quality by sharing successes and challenges, remaining open to feedback and responding to it, and applying new learning
- Provide technical direction related to policies, training, and teaching methodologies
- Master’s degree in education or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience developing pre-service teacher education and professional development programs
- Experience with the reform of teacher professional development systems
- Experience working in the Middle East and a strong understanding of Jordan’s education system
- Experience working on an internationally funded technical assistance program, preferably with USAID
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in Arabic preferred
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Teacher professional development specialist” in the subject line to [email protected] by April 1, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Priv….