PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Community Mobilizer will work under the leadership of ICMC’s teams in the local communities supporting tasks such as identification of and outreach to vulnerable individuals, accompanying project participants to and from the protection activities, and other ad hoc tasks as required.
1. Support the identification of project beneficiaries through outreach activities: **
a. Support registration of vulnerable Jordanians and refugees living in urban and rural areas, through home visits.
2. Support Activities
a. Support Protection program and its activities meeting ICMCs criteria;
b. Invite project participants to protection activities;
c. Support the transportation for the project participants from and to ICMC Protection Centres and community based organisations
.3.Communication and Coordination:
a. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of both ICMC services and procedures, as well as those of relevant service providers in the region of operation;
b. Establish good and regular communication with project beneficiaries (including the provision of accurate and relevant information), all ICMC departments, project staff and other relevant stakeholders;
c. Provide daily updates to the Protection Team Leader regarding the day’s activities and incidents.
a. Assist in the registration of vulnerable individuals who attend the Protection Centres and conducting the Invitation calls for beneficiaries;
b. Assist with various administrative duties, as required by the supervisor.
a. Participate in trainings as necessary;
b. Uphold the ICMC Code of Conduct and ICMC’s policies on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse;
c. Ensure the respect of the core humanitarian principles: neutrality, impartiality, independence and humanity;
d. Maintain confidentiality;
e. Respect the “do no harm” principle of humanitarian action.
Required Qualifications and competencies:
· University degree in Social Work or related experience working in the NGO sector an asset;
· Experience in conducting assessments and interviews a strong asset;
· Experience in working with marginalized populations an asset;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Ability to communicate effectively with variety of people, and express oneself in a clear and concise way;
· Excellent Arabic spoken and written language skills
· Working level of English is a valuable asset.
· Excellent command of MS Office and other computer programs, including good typing skills
· Excellent team working skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure
· Ability and willingness to travel and work outside of the office, in the North of Jordan.
The stipend for the Community Mobilizer Volunteer is established at a daily rate of 10 JOD for a maximum of 15 days per month.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae with full and up to date contact details via email, to:
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24th Sep 2020.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for applicants and employees. ICMC strives to ensure equal employment opportunities and equal access to employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age. Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.