2020 Grant Writing Internship
Collateral Repair Project (CRP) in Amman, Jordan has been providing assistance to refugee victims of violent conflict since 2006. Our programs seek to restore dignity among these displaced populations as well as ensure their basic needs are met. We do so through running an Emergency Assistance Program and a Family Resource and Community Center, which hosts a varied program of activities and learning opportunities to allow refugees to re-build the community ties they have lost. CRP’s great strengths are the wealth of knowledge we have about the refugee community in Amman and the strong relationships we have developed with the individuals we serve.
The Grant Writing intern will work as part of our Grants Team and the intern will report to the Director of Grants and Partnerships.
The Grants Team at Collateral Repair Project is looking to recruit 2 people to begin unpaid internships of 25-30 hours a week in January 2020. A minimum commitment of three months is required, and preference will be given to candidates who indicate that they can serve for longer periods of time.
The Grant Team at Collateral Repair Project works on proposal writing, researching new opportunities, and also building partnerships with local organizations in Jordan. Our goal is to ensure ongoing project-based funding at a level of $300,000 a year or higher.
Grant team members are involved in all stages of the grant cycle. Successful candidates are organized, careful, insightful, intelligent, personable, and diplomatic.
Scope of Work:
- Researching new opportunities
- Writing letters of inquiry and proposals
- Working independently as well as with team members as assigned.
- Developing project ideas and realistic budgets compatible with CRP’s needs
- Tracking work progress in SalesForce, in adherence with Grants Team guidelines
- Attending and contributing to weekly Grants meetings (Mondays)
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluent English
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience researching and distilling information
- Experience working with spreadsheets and budgets
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- Fluent or nearly fluent Arabic
- Strong Arabic writing skills
We are looking for candidates who can start in January 2020 and commit for 3-6 months.
If interested, please apply at CRP’s website and send your CV, a cover letter, and a brief writing sample (not longer than 5 pages) to the attention of the Grants & Partnership Officer via email to [email protected] or [email protected].
In the cover letter please address what relevant experience you may have, why you want this internship and how you imagine that it will benefit you, and what you plan to do with your career or your studies in the near future.