Reporting and Communications Intern
Position: Reporting and Communications Intern (Nationals Only)
Location: Potentially based Amman (Jordan), or Beirut (Lebanon), working for the Jordan CO, or Syria CO, or Jordan CO, or the Regional office.
Reports to: Program Director or Deputy Country Director or Head of Programs or Grant Manager
Duration: 6 months
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them
RI is seeking for a motivated person to support across RI program portfolio. The Reporting and Communication Intern is fully responsible to ensure that all information and data from the field is captured, documented, analyzed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for donors and internal purposes for RI. This includes, but is not limited to, support finalizing grants, communication and information management tools, as well as assisting programs team in other tasks.
- With input from the national program, data management and M&E Teams, help produce high-quality program progress reports as per donors and RI requirements, ensuring a high quality writing requiring minimal final editing;
- Contribute to the timely preparation, quality assurance, compliance, and submission of donor reports per donor schedule;
- Provide high-quality editing and formatting for all program related documents intended for external audiences, including but not limited to assessment reports, communication materials, sit reps, and donor reports (as mentioned above) ;
- Provide feedback on continuous analysis of achievements, lessons learned, facilitate project review, evaluation and audits (if relevant);
- Support program staff in organizing and managing seminars, workshops, press conferences and field visits as required;
- Provide relevant services to the project management unit, program components and implementing partners on reporting and communications;
- Ensure to utilize and support regularization of RI’s PMF Tools in areas relevant to the role;
- Take meeting minutes and summarize action plans, before validation by line manager;
- Work closely with relevant departments to improve information management across emergency and humanitarian programming portfolio;
- Ensure to maintain and update the program documentation archiving system in collaboration with other departments, including Program and M&E;
- Other duties as needed.
- Ensure effective communications, visibility and knowledge management within RI and to an external audience.
- Collaborate with RI’s Global Communications Department for use of standardized tools, participation in Communications Focal Point meetings, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor a communication and visibility plan to facilitate better understanding among partners and government about RI as an organization and program progress.
- Facilitate advocacy and communication processes across all humanitarian programming;
- Undertake field visits to gather the information and results related to the program, and prepare relevant field visits reports and communication materials such as Success Stories, beneficiary profiles, etc.
- Support RI external representation strategy to donors, UN, and other key stakeholders, by development of key materials relevant and/or specific to certain meetings.;
- Work closely with relevant national staff to ensure country RI social media accounts and website are updated regularly and meaningfully
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in International Development, Middle East Studies, communications, journalism, social sciences or related field in alignment with the relief and development sectors;
- Some experiences in reporting and program experience in the INGO/Humanitarian field is a plus
- Familiarity with USAID, DFID, EC, ECHO, UN regulations, rules and guidelines is desirable; OR a strong ability to learn fast.
- Experience in communication, reporting, documentation, publication in relation to the INGO/Humanitarian sector is desirable
- Work experience in the Middle East;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
- Sociable with a good sense of humor
- Ability to adapt to different culture
- Good communication skills
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
- We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- We value:
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
Interested National Applicants are requested to fill in their Application on the link below: