Position: Remote interns in different departments (Research, Media, Business Development, Monitoring and evaluation, Training)
Reports to: Relevant line managers
Location: remote position
Duration: 6 months, remotely (unpaid trial period of one month, then 5 month), Internship will start in the first half of July 2020.
Full time or part time internship, with a minimum of 20 hours per week
Trust Consultancy and Development is an independent research and capacity development consultancy based in Turkey, providing a range of services to the whole of the MENA region. Our dedicated team aspires to provide a range of expert services to international and local NGOs, businesses, donors and third parties with vested interests in different aspects of development and humanitarian action.
Our work addresses the growing demand for a range of third-party research and capacity building services and our clients include Save the Children, People in Need, World Vision, Norwegian Refugee Council and Samaritan’s Purse. Currently, we are working in Syria, Turkey and Iraq with plans to work in additional countries in the MENA region. Our head office is in Gaziantep, Turkey with satellite field research bases in Syria and capacity development services offered in Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan.
About the role:
Trust Consultancy & Development is seeking interns to support our departments ( Research, Media, Business Development, Monitoring and evaluation, Training). the first 4 weeks interns will be exposed to experience in all departments, then they will select the department that matches their expectations and careers.
Incentives to join us
We are a new organization and we’re growing fast. We’ve had an unbelievably successful first year and this is an exciting opportunity to join an organization at an interesting time. This particular role offers the opportunity to work with a programs team on challenging and thought-provoking projects. You will take part in a range of research projects from inception to completion and will gain valuable experience working with a range of data tools and research methods (qualitative and quantitative). Your job role will offer you the opportunity to gain experience working with some of the biggest NGOs and development organizations, As a capacity development organization, we also offer the opportunity for you to take part in training programs underway during your internship. At the end of your internship, there may be opportunities to further develop with us as we grow. Alternatively, our connections are wide-reaching and our interns will have access to this network via Trust. We have helped several past interns secure jobs with other organisations. We will provide a full review at the end of your internship and a letter of recommendation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all aspects of third-party monitoring and research projects, i.e. designing tools and methods, coordinating with the operations team responsible for data collection, conducting analyses
- Drafting inception and final monitoring/evaluation reports
- Conducting literature reviews
- Implementing and learning up to date research techniques and utilize best practices to deliver high quality research to our partners and to enhance research programs and operational performance
- Identify proposal opportunities, potential clients and partners through desk research
- Contribute to and lead in proposal writing, including developing TPM/research methodologies under the supervision of the TPM Director
- Liaise with technical consultant and specialists, and assist in developing a consultant database
- Assist the TPM team with TPM projects in order to gain research experience. Responsibilities may include background research and desk reviews, tool development, data management, and report writing or editing in English
- Assist in developing or maintaining resources for business development (including templates, CVs, etc.)
- Oversee and update the website
- Manage the Trust social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn and build and execute a social media strategy that reflects the Trust vision, mission, values, and activities
- Develop and publish creative content for social media accounts, including Facebook and LinkedIn
- Work to continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then act on this information
- Write for the Trust website and blog
- Assist in planning and compiling the monthly newsletter
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and strategies for promotion and communications
- Create info graphics, videos or other multimedia content
- Write, edit and proofread media material for use in different events
- Other tasks
(After the first 4 weeks of the internship, candidates will select some of the duties/ responsibilities mentioned above).
- Candidates should be fast learners, initiative takers, innovation seekers and most importantly serious to learn and to reflect what they learn in the new projects we have. Trust will provide them with a very good enabling environment where they learn from our staff and consultants
- In the first 4 weeks of this internship, interns will be exposed to internal webinars and internal training workshops.
● Fluency in English required, knowledge of Arabic desirable.
● Able to meet strict deadlines and organize time well.
● Able to communicate effectively with team members who may be working remotely.
● Able to use the Microsoft Office Suite.
● Knowledge of the Syrian Crisis and/or Monitoring & Evaluation desirable.
● Have strong research skills
● Demonstrate a profound understanding of development/ humanitarian sector
● Be able to work in a multi-cultural work environment
● Have strong writing and editing skills for different purposes