Internship: Global Programs – Jordan
Closing date: 24 Aug 2018
A professional, motivated, and creative intern to join the Jordan team. Based in Amman, Jordan, the intern will provide support to Search’s country office. Duties of this internship will contribute to the development of programs for sustainable peace and conflict transformation in the MENA region and will give interns an opportunity to practice high-level, professional skills. Interns must be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) and must commit for a period of 6 months. We are looking for an intern to begin as soon as possible
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting with grant proposal development for country and regional programs.
- Researching contextual information to enhance program design.
- Assisting with donor reports and other communications.
- Support the Amman team’s communications strategy, including compiling updates, adding website content, and creating visibility pieces for social media.
- Provide general logistical support as required including support for trainings, special events and hospitality for international guests and staff.
- Travel inside the country to provide support to field activities when needed.
- Performing other supportive duties as needed.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in international relations, conflict resolution, Middle East studies, international development, media production, or a related field.
- Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
- Some prior field experience would be considered an asset.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English (native or near-native) and working knowledge of the other language.
- Computer proficiency.
- Interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Interest in media production.
- Ability to live in Amman, Jordan.
- Comfort in cross-cultural contexts.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large.
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in Arabic.
- Familiarity with Jordan context.
This position will close on 24 August 2018.
This position has an anticipated start date of 1 October 2018.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our career portal:
- current resume
- cover letter
Please include the projected start date in your cover letter.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Please see our website www.sfcg.orgfor full details of our work.
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict—away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.