فرصة تطوع في تنمية المشاريع في منظمة دولية
INTERNSHIP | 6 MONTHS | MID JULY 2022
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Through its coordination office in Amman, ACTED is working in Jordan to meet the needs of the refugee populations in the country, with a shift from lifesaving activities to long-term livelihoods programming. ACTED also provides support to Jordanian host populations and local actors, also affected by the challenges faced by the country, ensuring all can access basic services. In Za’atari camp, Azraq camp and Mafraq, ACTED teams play a key role in the management and coordination of refugee camps, support to informal tented settlement populations and provide emergency assistance to ensure people’s access to food, water and hygiene and sanitation facilities. More broadly, ACTED works with municipalities and community organizations to build capacity and promote sustainable solutions.
You will be in charge of
1. Grant Management
- Contract follow-up;
- Communicate contractual obligations in particular with regards to reporting deadlines to Programme, AMEU and FLATS team;
- When any issue is identified in meeting deliverables in the given timeframe and budget, inform relevant staff in country and seek ACTED HQ Program Department advice on potential solutions that would meet donor rules;
- Participate in and take minutes of kick-off and close out meetings for each project;
- Write quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner, in liaison with ACTED HQ Grant Management Unit (GMU) and finance, which will contribute ultimately to steady cash inflow;
- Work in close relation with AMEU to incorporate AME data (incl. data on input, process, output, outcome and impact indicators, lessons learnt and best practices) in reports and review M&E reports from AMEU;
- Liaise with FLATS teams when preparing reports, especially with finance to ensure greater coherence between financial and narrative reports by crosschecking the matching of data in the narrative and financial reports;
- Contribute to the monthly update of the Reporting Follow Up (RFU) and ensure smooth and regular communication with ACTED HQ GMU;
- Address ad hoc requests from donors in liaison with the CD, Programme and support teams;
- Partner Follow-up;
- Ensure partners report to ACTED in a timely and qualitative manner as per the requirements of the grant agreement.
2. Internal Coordination
- Internal Coordination and Communication;
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing from the Base, to the Area, Capital, and even up to the regional and HQ offices by taking minutes of the various ACTED coordination meetings;
- Send meeting minutes in a timely manner to HQ;
- Inform ACTED HQ GMU and finance of latest developments, opportunities and challenges so that GMU can best advice on the way forward;
- File properly contractual project documents both in hard and soft copies;
- Update regularly the Resource Centre at the office with appropriate and relevant external and internal resources.
3. External Communication
Contribute to ACTED external communication strategy by feeding regularly ACTED HQ Communication Department with informal updates on projects, a flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress and/or specific events for ACTED communication tools, including, but not limited to, ACTED Newsletter, websites and ACTED Annual Report.
- External relations;
- Update regularly a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders;
- Contribute when required to the reporting to national and local authorities as required by ACTED registration/legal status in country;
- In the absence of Technical Coordinators, participate in key clusters and/or working group meetings;
- Contribution to proposal development;
- Contribute when required to the development of fundraising documents (Expression of Interests/concept notes/proposals) in line with ACTED country strategy and donor requirements and in close collaboration with ACTED HQ GMU (Grant Management Unit) and finance;
- Liaise with Area Coordinators, Project Managers and Technical Coordinators to ensurethat proposals are relevant and technically sound;
- Incorporate learning from previous interventions (e.g. lessons learnt and best practices) into new proposals;
- Contribute to addressing in a timely manner all comments by donors on proposals in liaison with relevant staff in country and ACTED HQ GMU and finance.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science
- Previous related work experience, with knowledge of proposal writing and reporting
- Familiarity with the project cycle
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to manage multiple tasks
- Good team spirit and ability to work with diverse profiles
Status : volunteer
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flights tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to [email protected] Ref: PDV/JOR
Please note that ACTED does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.