فرصة تدريب مميزة لدى منظمة دولية
Communication Intern at DIGNITY’s Country Office in Jordan (Unpaid) – Re-advertised
Would you like to be an intern for a human right’s INGO? Do you want to join a friendly team?
DIGNITY – Danish Institute Against Torture is looking for an intern for our local office in Jordan for six months starting July 2021.
At DIGNITY’s local office, you will be part of the team pushing for needed human rights changes. You will enhance your skills in communication with support and feedback from the Communication Department at the headquarters (HQ) in Copenhagen. Moreover, the internship will give you experience on the ground with human rights organizations, media institutions and ministries in Jordan.
Under the overall supervision of the Country Director and support from the HQ Communication Department, your responsibilities as a Communication Intern will mainly be:
• Contribute to the development and implementation of DIGNITY’s programmes in Jordan in cooperation with DIGNITY’s local partners.
• Media surveillance and updates, documentation of reports and distribution of information in relation to DIGNITY’s mandate in both Arabic and English.
• Responsible for maintaining DIGNITY’s Jordan website (under DIGNITY’s website) and for maintaining contact with the Communication Department in DIGNITY’s HQ and the communication team at Danish-Arab Partnership Programme.
• Preparing press releases and writing articles on DIGNITY supported programme activities in both Arabic and English.
• Maintain professional relationships with DIGNITY’s partners and stakeholders.
We expect that you have the following qualifications and skills:
• Undergraduate or holder of a bachelor’s degree of relevance to communication, international relations, social studies, human rights or any related field.
• Fluency in English both written and spoken.
• Experience in communicating to different target audiences.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain work relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Furthermore, we hope that you have:
• Relevant job experience in communication or human rights.
• Knowledge of international NGOs work both locally and regionally.
Office (108), First Floor, Al Waha (1) Complex, Building (61), Abd Ar Rahim Al Hajj Muhammad St., Al Swaifyeh. P.O. Box 830192, Amman 11183, Jordan
Interested applicants should apply through the link by the end of Wednesday, 23rd of June 2021.
Please note that the internship is unpaid.