About USAID Takamol
USAID Takamol has been dedicated to gender equality and women’s empowerment at policy, national, and community levels in Jordan since 2014. USAID Takamol partners with the Government of Jordan (GoJ) and civil society to support national efforts to incorporate gender considerations into policymaking in order to achieve equal rights and opportunities for men and women. With expertise and outreach from civil society partners, Takamol supports the GoJ to address gender priorities related to access to justice, political participation, inclusive education, and economic empowerment. Takamol empowers Gender Focal Points, strengthens gender mainstreaming within institutions, provides grants for civil society advocacy, and convenes a Community of Practice with the objective of enhancing gender equity. The program is funded by USAID and implemented by IREX, an international nonprofit organization that builds a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world
USAID Takamol is current seeking 1-2 interns with strong writing skills in Arabic and English, social media experience, and basic design skills. Depending on an intern’s availability and schedule, interns typically work 20-35 hours/week and receive a daily rate of 35 JOD/day. Interns typically work 12-18 days per month, depending on their availability and USAID Takamol’s needs.
An intern’s responsibilities typically include:
· Perform basic translations between Arabic and English.
· Draft social media posts, in Arabic and English.
· Perform basic design tasks such as basic photo-editing, designing invitations, formatting documents, and creating infographics.
· Edit program documents in Arabic and English for clarity.
· Observe program activities and write brief reports on the activity’s contents, your observations, and interactions with participants.
· Review and edit policy papers and manuals related to gender equity priorities. Augment content through additional research and examples.
· Support in developing case studies and key program products, such as success stories, lessons learned, and analytical reflections.
· Other support as needed to program team.
· Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field in social sciences and international studies.**
· Strong writing skills in Arabic and English.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular).
· An interest in gender and/or development.
· Candidates with backgrounds social media and/or design are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
How to Apply
To apply, please email [email protected]amol.org with the subject “Takamol Internship” with your resume and a letter of interest. In the letter of interest, please explain your interest and number of days a week you would be interested in working. USAID Takamol will review applications until the internship is filled.