فرصة تدريب مميزة في قطر لدى المفوضية السامية لشؤون اللاجئين
Title: UNHCR Qatar Intern
Duty Station: Doha, Qatar
Duration: 3 Months (with possible extension for 3 months).
Contract Type: Internship
Closing date: 20 July 2021
Start date: 01 August 2021
Terms of Reference
UNHCR Qatar Internship
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an internship position within the UNHCR Qatar in Doha.
Established in December 1950, UNHCR is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees. In more than seven decades, UNHCR has helped more than 50 million refugees restart their lives.
In 2021, we marked our 71st anniversary. During our lifetime, we have helped well over 50 million refugees to successfully restart their lives. UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. UNHCR now has more than 18,015 personnel working in 135 countries caring for millions.
UNHCR Qatar primarily represents UNHCR to the government of the State of Qatar, the media and other stakeholders. UNHCR internships are highly prized and provide a unique opportunity to work within the United Nations system and also on one of the most important global issues of today.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate, with a commitment to refugee issues and a desire to develop their skills and experience in donor relations, fundraising and communications. All candidates should be computer literate, as well as the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times. Good interpersonal skills, flexibility and attention to detail are essential.
We are seeking a dynamic and proactive team player with a strong interest in partnerships, CSR, media, policy and refugee and displacement issues to to complete a three-months internship with UNHCR Qatar.
You will work closely with the external relations and private sector partnerships teams. Liaising with UNHCR’s wider networks, you will support the development of UNHCR’s image, agenda, and compliance across the organization, and will play your part in achieving UNHCR’s strategic ambitions; contributing to the protection of people forced to flee.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Representative, the main tasks and responsibilities of the intern will be the following:
• Providing research, analysis support and producing concise summaries for different projects;
• Drafting concept notes;
• Regular monitoring of Qatari media, preparing media material and advocacy;
• Maintaining a database of media contacts;
• Compiling assets for the country website;
• Support account managers in preparing the necessary research and materials for upcoming meetings with prospects and donors; and follow up with account managers on meeting outcomes and due tasks;
• Support account managers in market mapping exercises, retrieving focal points contact information and providing analysis and recommendations;
• Support in organizing and running virtual panels and meetings;
• Providing administrative support as required;
• Other tasks as required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
• Strong verbal communication and writing skills in English and Arabic.
• Strong computer skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, graphic design is preferred).
• An undergraduate or postgraduate degree from a credited university; in the fields of media, communications, politics, international relations, development studies, law, business or other relevant disciplines are encouraged to apply.
• Must have completed at least two years in university or a fresh graduate (no more than one year of completion of degree).
• Strong understanding of the corporate landscape in Qatar.
• Strong passion for refugee and displacement issues.
• Awareness of humanitarian affairs and good writing skills.
• Attention to detail and a results-oriented team player.
• Have excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Efficiency and time management skills.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in Doha.
The internship is for three months with the start date being in August 2021. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9am to 4pm (without lunch break) & 9am to 4:30pm (with lunch break) Sunday through Thursday.
The selected candidate will have to arrange for their own residency visa in Qatar. Candidates who are nationals are highly encouraged to apply. Kindly mention your residency status in the application.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, Personal History Form (P11), and CV to [email protected] indicating UNHCR Qatar Internship in the subject of the email.
P11 forms are available at www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc