Communication and Advocacy Intern
The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists with the aim of alleviating the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aid and developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website [http://maramfoundation.org/
Vacancy Ref. No: MF-HR/18-066 (Jordanian Nationality)
*The intern main duties and responsibilities;
· Support the planning and coordination of communications related to Maram’s humanitarian operations, including through digital communications, such as social media content production and campaigns and online copy-writing and editing.
· Support the development of Maram’s contact lists.
· Identify new opportunities to improve Maram’s communications on its humanitarian operations in order to engage the general public.
· Draft materials for the media, website and social media (including speeches, articles, talking points, and drafting/editing blog posts) for a variety of audiences.
· Work with the information officer to develop infographics and assets to illustrate key figures at Maram.
· Develop materials (newsletters, quarterly updates, etc).
· Work with the information department to develop articles describing projects under development and their potential.
· Work with Business Development Department to develop Appeal and Annual Report publications.
Required Qualification and Experiences;
Graduated with a university degree in communications, journalism, political science or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
· Proficient in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.;
· Strong background in media and communications with an emphasis on writing for the public;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds;
· Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently;
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish is highly desirable.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action.
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seek new ways of improving programmes.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Teamwork – contributes to a team environment; incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Interested candidate is kindly requested to send CV via-email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19-Mar-2018 and include the Vacancy Reference number in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.