Data and Applications Intern
Reports to: Leah Hoogstra, Data Officer
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: 3 months from starting date
Application Deadline: June 9th
Hours Per Week: 3 days per week, at least 2 days each week on site, for at least 20 hours/week total.
Position Title: Data and Applications Intern
Collateral Repair Project (CRP) in Amman, Jordan has been providing assistance to refugee victims of violent conflict since 2006. Our programs seek to restore dignity among these displaced populations as well as ensure their basic needs are met. We do so through running an Emergency Assistance Program and a Family Resource and Community Center, which hosts a varied program of activities and learning opportunities to allow refugees to re-build the community ties they have lost. CRP’s great strengths are the wealth of knowledge we have about the refugee community in Amman and the strong relationships we have developed with the individuals we serve.
Specific tasks and duties with be determined in coordination with the direct supervisor. In general, the candidate can expect to be involved in the following:
Designing data collection techniques and building applications (using AppSheet and connected tools) to improve our data collection and beneficiary management processes, including:
- Soliciting input on design needs
- Cataloguing app feature requests
- Implementing application upgrades
- Troubleshooting applications
- Training staff and volunteers on new processes or updates
- Creating data sources for consumption in reporting tools (Excel, Tableau) for use by internal stakeholders and management.
With enough incoming experience, the intern may also be able to get involved in areas such as the following:
- Managing Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to take collected data and both structure and store it
- Performing analysis as required in the areas of donors, marketing, measurement and evaluation, program management, registration, and/or distribution
- Required: Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, experience or interest in nonprofits, good organizational skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit applications immediately if interested in position. Further information can be found under “Data and Applications” Internship information at this website: https://www.collateralrepairproject.org/intern-or-volunteer-with-us/
- Application can be found here: https://forms.gle/oKdCafD2TJrvw23f6
- Please note we are unfortunately unable to provide a stipend or remuneration to interns and volunteers.