Human Resources Officer – موظف موارد بشرية
OXFAM GB PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: To provide effective support to the Syria Crisis Refugee Response Programmes in Jordan
JOB PURPOSE: To provide human resources support, to enhance the organisation’s performance through our people.
Post holder reports to: Country Human Resources Manager
- Supervising/ monitoring resources within defined boundaries or a specialist area, which may
- include people, assets and/or budgets.
- Providing support and advice to managers on areas of work covered in their remit.
- Provides support for and implements operational plans to agreed standards.
- Assists with the development of solutions to diverse and complex problems and develops
- solutions to more routine problems.
- Applies information received in a variety of formats primarily from internal sources.
- Flexibility to anticipate and resolve challenges within the operational context.
- Impact of this role is significant within the department and could have some impact division(s)-wide.
Policies and Labour Law
- Advise managers on interpretation of Oxfam HR policies, procedures, systems and processes and Oxfam Staff handbook, and lead in any necessary review process.
- Monitor and advise management on changes in Oxfam HR policies, procedures, systems,processes
- Monitor and advise management on changes in Jordan labour law.
- Monitor and support the implementation of HR policies and procedures within the programme and report non adherence to the HP
- Participate in forums or working groups relating to HR management and feedback to management
- Work with the HR Manager to review the Staff Handbook for Oxfam Jordan
- Assist the recruitment manager in recruitment processes including placing adverts, long listing, interviewing, organising tests, maintaining the recruitment database for Jordan, proper filing of recruitment record
- Assist managers in taking up references and obtaining results of pre-employment medicals.
- To set up and monitor induction for all staff ensuring that meetings are arranged and that feedback is obtained. Ensure the induction pack is up to date at all times. To ensure that all vacancy bulletins are circulated and that standard Oxfam forms etc. are made available to staff.
- Ensure that terms and conditions for all staff fall within established Oxfam GB policy.
- Ensure that all new staff are issued with Oxfam ID cards.
- Ensure issuing contracts, renewing contracts and keeping management informed of contracts end dates.
- To monitor dates relating to probationary periods, performance review, and end of contracts; keep leave administration up-to-date, and inform managers of leave balances of their staff.
- Ensure that personal files for all staff are complete and up-to-date;
- Ensure that all records for all Oxfam GB Jordan staff (leave, performance management,medical claims and any others) are up-to-date.
- Ensure that for leavers all leavers procedures are followed (exit interview, equipment or documents are retrieved, leavers financial checklist)
- Ensure that the monthly payroll is done timely and accurately, in coordination with the HR Department, Amman office.
- Ensure that the Global Online Database (GOLD) record is up to date for all staff members.
- Monitor absence as result of illness and inform managers of trends.
- Liaise with medical providers ensuring a high quality of service is offered.
- Arrange for Health and Safety assessment and monitoring of action plan in accordance with Oxfam guidelines
- Ensure medical evacuation procedures through van Breda/Healix are in place and know to (international) staff
- Arrange for information sessions on stress management
- Arrange for first aid training for selected staff
- Ensure that Oxfam GB’s performance management system and all relevant processes are implemented in accordance with the Organisation’s performance management cycle.
- Coach and support managers to optimise the performance of their staff, ensuring that assessment of performance is objective and that poor performance is addressed appropriately
- Produce an annual Training Needs Analysis based on Performance Review reports received
- Build up a database of training providers; provide information to the field and arrange attendance at training courses.
- Assist in the gathering of information for the annual salary review, which will includeinformation from other NGOs and Cost of Living surveys.
- Undertaking any other tasks at the request of the HPM.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
Achieving Results: Organisation to work effectively (work planning, monitoring progress and result, priority setting), Decision Making, Initiative Thinking and Understanding: Organisational awareness, conceptual thinking Working effectively with Others
- Provides clear technical/ professional information to others
- Has a strong customer orientation and focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Proactively shares own know-how with other colleagues.
- Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development
- Ensures confidentiality and provides HR management support to the highest ethical standards
- Able to use available technology appropriate to own role
- Generalist HR experience minimum of 3 years, good knowledge of recruitmentprocedures.
- Advise and inspire confidence using professional/ specialist knowledge.
- Overcomes challenges, despite hurdles, and resolves challenges consistent withOxfam’s values and ways of working.
- Confidentiality, tact, diplomacy and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to support staff from a distance.
- Initiative to take responsibility and work with minimal supervision.
- Good networking skills.
- Budgeting and numerical skills /Attention to detail
- Skills in computer applications (MS office/GOLD)
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to gather and analyse critical information for reporting and designing systems.
- Gender and cultural sensitivity and commitment and understanding of the values of Oxfam and the principles of equal opportunity