اعلان توظيف محلل للعمل في منظمة دولية
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organization that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The iMMAP MENA Research & Analysis Unit (R&A) is providing ongoing contextual analysis support to a Syria focused BHA-supported project. In support of this project, iMMAP seeks to identify experts for short-term technical assistance (STTA) in conflict and political economy analysis.
The Conflict and Political Economy Analyst (CPEA) will work with the R&A team to provide in-depth qualitative support to the team’s ongoing efforts to providing high quality contextual analysis to the humanitarian responses in Syria. The CPEA will be responsible for supporting the design, research, and drafting of two to three contextual analysis deliverables. These deliverables will cover the geopolitical, economic, regional, and social dynamics relevant to humanitarian actors in select areas of Syria, namely northeast and northwest Syria, while also providing a whole of Syria and regional lens of understanding.
Roles may include, but are not limited to, conducting Arabic and English language desk research, analysis of regional and local dynamics and trends, reviewing and analyzing primary data collected by field teams, and supporting follow-up research with field staff. The position will report to the R&A Team Lead. The expect duration of this role is 2 months, with a possible extension depending on needs.
Description of Duties
This role is responsible for:
1. Providing additional analysis of reports generated by the existing researchers and field teams currently on the project;
2. Seeking and providing supplementary research and analysis outside of this network that can be used to further triangulate inputs and strengthen findings and conclusions; and,
3. Supporting the drafting and design of two to three contextual analysis reports, depending on the duration of the contract and needs of the donor and/or partners.
In order to fulfill this function, the individual filling this role must have extensive research experience (ideally related to areas in crisis and/or humanitarian responses), a deep understanding of the dynamics of the region, and the capacity to work in a multicultural and conflict-sensitive environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in politics, economics, international relations or related field required;
• Master’s degree in politics, economics, international relations or related field preferred.
• Three or more years conducting research and analysis on Syria, the region, or a related field;
• Experience authoring in depth research and analysis reports in English;
• Strong awareness of conditions and context across Syria as well as the regional dynamics that affect the conflict and the international response;
• Prior experience coordinating with field resources in conflict areas preferred.
Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting, including proven experience in contributing to high-level presentations.
• Ability to operate in cross-cultural environment and work independently
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
• Knowledge of Open Data Kit surveying an asset;
• Knowledge of ArcGIS, Indesign, or Illustrator an asset;
• Ability to work on SharePoint and MS Teams.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
DISCLAIMER: Note that due to the urgency of this position, the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the recruitment closing date.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/605