اعلان توظيف في مجال الماليه و الادارية و الموارد البشرية في منظمة دولية
Position Start Date: 1.11.2021
Duration: 3 months
Location: Jerusalem or Amman
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in around 40 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 4 million children and members of their communities, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
The Finance/Admin and HR Coordinator (FAHC) is the head of the finance, admin and HR department of the Multi-Country Delegation (MCD) and a member of the MCD Senior Management Team (SMT) reporting directly to the MCD Representative. The FAHC is in charge to ensure effective, high quality, harmonized and compliant Finance/Admin and HR services delivery within MCD offices, through supervision, guidance and strengthening of existing structures. For the three-month cover, the focus will be on Finance-related tasks and responsibilities, and it is expected that existing internal TdH capacity will be used to cover some of the HR and administration tasks in the short-term.
Strategy and Policy:
• As a member of the SMT contributes together with the other coordinators in periodically reviewing, analyzing and implementing the MCD Strategic Plan and in the formulation of the annual strategic priorities and action plans.
• Ensure that appropriate and harmonized Finance and HR set up are in place
• Provide direct daily supervision, guidance and support to direct subordinates
Quality of Finance/Admin and HR servicesBudget planning and management:
- Lead the yearly budget planning process of the MCD and provide advices to the MCD Representative and the SMT on defining the best allocation of the resources internal and external funds, through exhaustive and detailed budget and financial risks analysis and benefits;
- Ensure that the BFU and forecast processes are well in place for each project and implemented on a timely, quality and collaborative manner by Finance and Program Departments;
- On a monthly basis, compile him/herself the global MCD BFU (per each country) and engage with the Programme Coordinator and the Area Coordinator, in analyzing the situation and propose corrective/reallocation measures if needed, and share with HQ Financial Controller and MCD Representative;
- On a monthly basis, supervise the update of allocation table, done by Finance teams in close collaboration with other departments, before sharing it with MCD Representative and then with HQ Financial Controller.
Bank accounts and cash management:
- Supervise the proper bank accounts management by the finance team, and where situation requests, manages by him/herself the bank accounts and liaise with the bank managers for any issues;
- Prepare a monthly cash forecast, with the inputs of the Project managers, analyze and discuss it every quarter with the MCD Representative in order to guarantee that all bases are provided with sufficient liquidity for a smooth implementation of activities.
- On a monthly basis analyze the cash forecast and cash need received from Finance Manager and Finance Specialist and share them with MCD Representative and then with HQ Financial Controller.
- On a monthly basis, review the whole MCD accounting closing done by the Finance teams, including reconciliation forms for each cash boxes and bank accounts; then compile the documents and present it to the MCD Representative for signature before to share it with HQ Financial Controller and Accountant
Human Resources management: (note that these tasks are expected to be largely covered by the HR Manager for the period Nov 2021 – January 2022, but as the line manager of the HR Manager the FAHR Coordinator will maintain an oversight role)
Reporting and project design
- Ensure donors, HQ, MCD head office deadlines for any financial matters are met;
- In collaboration with other Coordinators, especially Program Coordinator, contribute to donors’ reports on the parts related to Finance/Admin and HR Services.
- Education: University (preferably master’s level) degree in relevant field
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English, Arabic an asset
- Previous experience with an INGO is mandatory
- At least 5 years of experience in a Finance Management or Coordination position
- Experience in Admin and HR is an asset
- Previous experience in the MENA region, especially Jordan and/or Palestine, would be an advantage
- Proven experience in roles requiring coordination and collaboration across different departments and offices
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience in dealing with a diversity of institutional donors (budget designing, financial reporting, audit), knowledge of the main donors ‘rules
- Good knowledge of accounting principles
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations 3’800 CHF (~3100 €) < > 4’800 CHF (~4’000 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
How to apply
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JyNZnYpS?idpartenaire=20007 Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.