UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a Regional Strategy and Data Analyst Officer- within PSP MENA team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world’s leading organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict and persecution. We deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety and dignity.
UNHCR is almost entirely funded by voluntary contributions from governments and private donors. Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) MENA is one of the five regions of the PSP unit under the Division of External Relations, with the remit to increase awareness of UNHCR and raise funds from the private sector the region.
Title: Regional Strategy and Data Analyst Officer- MENA
Duty Station: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Duration: 01/05/2022 – 31/12/2022 – renewable
Contract Type: UNOPS – IICA-2 (equivalent to P3)
Closing date: 01 April 2022
Start date: 01 May 2022
PSP activities in MENA markets span across Individual giving (IG) and Private Partnerships and philanthropy (PPH). IG strategies encompass the acquisition of individual donors via a mix of channels such as digital, face to face and lead generation as well as stewardship communication via telemarketing, email and direct mail. PPH strategies play a growing role in the fundraising portfolio of the region and are targeting corporates, foundations, High Net Worth Individuals, Islamic philanthropy across MENA markets. PSP MENA uses an instance of Salesforce as its main CRM.
In this context, PSP MENA is looking to recruit an experienced Regional Strategy and Data Analyst to support its operations with advanced analysis, segmentations, prospecting and overall fundraising reporting to further its marketing activities and income generation.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about drawing business insight, inform decision-making and provide responsive program development and impactful reporting to stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
List Working closely with the PSP MENA colleagues, Global Strategy and Analysis team, regional colleagues and external vendors, the individual will perform the following duties:
Business analysis (50% of the time)
· Collaborate with Fundraising Specialists to help ensure stronger analysis of the various fundraising programs, and better annual and long-term plans leading to improved Return on Investment of PSP Fundraising operations
· Support PSP planning/reporting across MENA markets and best allocation of resources.
· Support offices in their NGF application submissions and preparation of Long-term Plans.
· Coordinate and enhance internal/external benchmarking projects across MENA markets.
· Maximize the use and impact of global tools such as LTV project and INGO benchmarking.
· Develop comprehensive performance reports to spot arising opportunities and challenges.
· Participate in market reviews, market entry and other strategy and analysis projects as required.
· Organize and foster the exchange of best practices and knowhow transfers across markets in MENA.
Data Reporting and Compliance (40% of the time)
• Ensure data is collected and maintained in compliance with local regulations.
• Monitor data quality and integrity and provide advice on data hygiene improvements.
• Shape the way markets engage with data, in line with our aim to create a single supporter view and donor-centric experience.
• Define minimum viable analytics and reporting frameworks depending on maturity levels of each market in MENA and in line with PSP Global Data Strategy.
• Support/advise markets in the implementation and use of analytics and reporting based on their local business needs and in line with the Global Data Strategy.
• Support Salesforce implementation across multiple markets focusing on the development of database-driven analysis and reports.
• Support the creation and enhancements of market-based reports and dashboards in Salesforce for ongoing and quarterly reporting.
• Ensure that documentation is created/updated upon changes in the configuration of the local database, new reports set-up and integration with third parties.
• Document new policies related to Analytics and reporting, data procedures and training materials by market.
Strategy and Data Integration (10% of time)
• Support Chief of PSP MENA in conducting periodic reviews of UNHCR regional Strategy, develop relevant Marketing Intelligence and forecasting tools to support such reviews
• Support the investment allocation process (National Growth Fund) through the analysis of past/current performance levels and predictions on future performance and ROI at market level.
• Manage the implementation of the newly delivered Global PSP Data Strategy across markets in MENA, with focus on supporting the development of local data strategies.
• Ensure alignment of the local and regional data strategies with global PSP data strategy including definition and reporting standards.
• Work with the Global Strategy and Analysis team on market Life-Time Value (LTV) and Propensity model analysis and other similar reporting and analysis.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
University degree in Economics/Business Administration or relevant discipline with a substantial quantitative analytical component (e.g. statistics, economics, management science/operations research, finance or data analytics, social research methods).
• Minimum 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate/bachelor’s degree (or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate/Master’s degree,
• Proven experience in regional and country fundraising analysis.
• Proven experience in supporting the assessment, review and implementation of Global Fundraising Strategies,
• Proven experience with comprehensive PSP reporting, benchmarking and performance evaluation based on return on investment, attrition rates and life-time value.
• Work experience with fundraising and non-for-profit operation is preferred.
• Experience and understanding of the Data Protection and all relevant legislation in the region.
• Experience with Salesforce NPSP (non-profit cloud) is preferred.
• Experience with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud is preferred.
• Experience using Salesforce data tools is preferred.
• Experience with propensity models and tools is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience of CRM database- preferably Salesforce.
Required skills & Competencies
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to inclusively communicate statistical and technical findings in an easy-to-understand manner to key stakeholders.
• Strong experience with using complex datasets from multiple sources.
• Advanced analytical techniques.
• Ability to present data insights using data visualisation tools (Power BI).
• Very good knowledge of quantitative data analysis software (Excel proficiency required; Microsoft SQL, Visual Basic, R or Python is an asset).
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to collaborate with others, with flexible and positive attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written English language required. knowledge of another UN language desirable.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
• Strong customer service approach.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 8:00am to 4:30 Monday to Thursday and from 8:00 till 12:00 on Friday.
How to apply
Closing date of applications: 1stof April 2022
To learn more and apply, please visit https://bit.ly/3C89Qrc
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).