Accounts Payable Officer
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Accounts Payable Officer
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the position is to ensure compliance with local legislation, WVI and donor requirements, to ensure sufficient Liquidity for smooth operations and to contribute to achieving the Finance function KPIs.
Local (Government) Reporting
Ensure Compliance with Local legislation, WVI and donor requirements.
Ensure accurate and timely submission of tax, social security and other mandatory reports required by local governmental bodies.
Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring
· Ensure review of the source documents/ payment packages before processing the payments to ensure alignment with local legislation and WVI and donor regulations.
· Ensure accurate and timely financial data into the standard registers as required.
· Ensure payments are processed within 3 working days after complete supporting documents submitted to the Accounting
· Ensure all bank accounts balances reconciled monthly
· Ensure all submitted EERs are reviewed timely and there are no outstanding advances to the staff.
· Assist Accounting team Lead in audit preparation to provide required information
· Assist the Reporting and Analysis team with monthly reconciliations as required
· Perform site and partner monitoring visits
Perform other duties as required
· Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
· Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
· Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
· Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Knowledge and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
· Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
· Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
· Practical Knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
· Computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database, management and spreadsheet software..
· Analytical skills and good attention to details.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and local language
· Ability to travel within the country