Full-time Opportunity for Recent Graduates – Amman, Jordan
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
· Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
· Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
· If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
· Customer Obsession – we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
· Growth Mindset – we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
· Diverse & Inclusive – we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
· One Microsoft – we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
· Making a difference – we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
About the Role…
Support Engineers (SE) serve as technical resources for Microsoft’s customers and partners via phone, email or web. You will deliver unique value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our customers and partners. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
· Scope a customer’s issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
· Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
· Act internally as a customer advocate.
· Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
· Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
· Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
· Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
Who We Are Looking For
· On-track to complete or within 12-months of graduation of Bachelor or Master’s degree in business, technical or engineering majors
· Have less than 2 years combined work experience, including internships/co-op
· English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. If English is not native language, proficiency test results is a plus (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge English Exams)
· Passion for technology and Innovation
· Experience in support, training, consulting, architecting, development, network, data center operations, IT admin or operations or equivalent education
· Bilingual – preferred though not required: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese
We are looking for candidates who have a growth mindset and strongly believe that knowledge can be developed with effort and persistence.
Please note that working hours might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.To apply click here